SHORTLIST UPDATE: This is my first update and I’ve added four more titles to date and die into.
I’m still primarily interested in stories with paranormal or supernatural ingredients, but any story will peak my interest if it’s either a great story (allegedly), or one that’s been hugely successful. Tacky, tasteless and terrible ones will also get a chance, as the object of this whole adventure is to get a better idea of what works and what doesn’t in storytelling. And why.
001) The Twilight Saga, Stephenie Meyer
002) All Souls Trilogy, Deborah Harkness
003) The Shadowhunter Chronicles, Cassandra Clare
004) Fallen Series, Lauren Kate
005) Vampire Academy/Bloodlines, Richelle Mead
006) Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Joss Whedon
007) Dracula, Bram Stoker
008) The Ice People Legend, Margit Sandemo
The questions that made me start this little project were:
– What is a good story?
– What makes a story bad?
And is there a way we can learn to identify whether our own stories are good or bad? Or, at the very least, passable? I’d love to hear your thoughts on the matter.
Do you have any titles you think I should add to my list? Any titles you think might fit my objective? Please, let me know in the comments below or hit me up via socials/email.
Thanks for reading my blog today. I hope you had a good time and look forward to seeing you again.